Classen School of Advanced Studies (ClassenSAS) is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year. Please visit the official ClassenSAS Enrollment page for more information and the application in MS Word format. The timeline for applications this year has changed:
- Jan 6, 2014: Enrollment Window Opens
- Jan 13: Classen Visits
- Jan 24: Completed Application Due
- Feb 8: 6th Grade Placement Testing
- Feb 1-15: Auditions
- Feb 24: Acceptance Notifications
- Mar 5: Final Enrollment
The following “enrollment quick facts” are also included on the official ClassenSAS Enrollment page:
- Each year Classen SAS administration reviews between 200-400 enrollment applications.
- Students are only allowed to apply for one major and cannot reapply in a new major during the current application period.
- Current CSAS students wishing to change majors can only apply during the regular application period.
- The total number of accepted students is based on enrollment limits set by the district and CSAS administration.
Please help us spread the word about the availability of ClassenSAS applications! There have been several changes to application requirements and district policies/dates regarding the application process this year. According to the 2014-2015 application:
This application is to be completed by incoming sixth grade applicants who are currently enrolled or residing within the OKCPS district and current CSAS students who wish to change majors. Other applicants, grades 7-10, may complete this application but will be considered only on “specific program need” basis for the 2014-2015 school year and must be able to fulfill program requirements.